The owners of Fresh Karma were one of the first to market with their fresh approach to a medical dispensary and the first in the area to create a top of the line retail experience. Greg Highbarger of h | d Architecture had a vision that the entire experience should excite all the senses – including the lighting design and selection of custom fixtures.
The focal point in the space is a custom fixture that mimics the chemical structure of the THC molecule – and after several manufacturers presented their options and cost, Greg selected Bartco Lighting out of southern California. This large custom fixture is approximately ‘ x ‘ created out of fully extruded aluminum with illuminated mitered angles.
The pendants over the custom fabricated glass cases carries on with RGB color changing tubes with a pop of a focused downlight – the OCL LIGHTING – TUBIE. All of the fixtures selected were specified as 4000k as the owner felt that the experience should be similar to the Apple stores that also successfully utilize 4000k which in many retail applications would feel too cool. The amount of natural daylight in the space marries with the artificial lighting and creates still a warm and inviting atmosphere.
- Manufacturer: Bartco, Cooper Lighting, ETC, Focal Point, iO Architectural LED, Kelvix, Ligman Lighting USA, OCL, Tech Lighting, Wattstopper, H.E. Williams
- Lighting Design: h | d Architecture
- Architect: h | d Architecture
- General Contractor: Luke Draily Construction
- Electrical Contractor: Brinton Electric
- Engineer: 5BY5 Engineers