Your Career Starts Here
Imagine being able to apply your potential to something really impactful. At Mercer Zimmerman, you can work on solving the lighting and controls challenges facing local architectural, engineering, and construction firms across the Midwest today. You will have the opportunity to make a real difference and shape the future of our clients, our landscape, and our communities. Make a difference by contributing to a culture where individual differences are not only welcomed but celebrated.
professional development program
Take your next career step at Mercer Zimmerman with a comprehensive group of professionals that are lighting the architectural, engineering, and construction industries. We surround each project as a team and foster an environment based on motivation, support, learning, innovation, and creativity.
Mercer Zimmerman provides project management, sales, quotations, controls, and technical support. Our 120+ strong team represents the portfolio of all lighting and controls experts across four states. Our unmatched expertise across key industry channels combined with our growing Midwest footprint makes us able to deliver extraordinary business results, supporting our clients with solutions which address their current needs, while considering the future emerging trends such as smart lighting, daylight harvesting, human-centric lighting, and circadian rhythm.
One year rotational program
- Six to eight different rotations focused on developing professional and industry specific skills and product knowledge
- Rotation assignments may include controls, customer service, project management, quotations, manufacturing, sales, and interior construction
- Participants will complete rotational program based on skill set and hiring need
- Programming is designed for early talent training, personal and professional growth, networking, and social activities
- Dedicated program mentor to coach you throughout your journey
- Learn about yourself and Mercer Zimmerman's dynamic business model
- Engage and collaborate with Mercer Zimmerman leaders including rotation managers and mentors who will help you develop your technical and leadership skills
- Aspire to achieve your career goals at Mercer Zimmerman by participating in professional development opportunities, including but not limited to, webinars, trainings, and sales events
- Deliver on business results by completing challenging and meaningful rotations in a supportive environment
- Currently enrolled in a bachelor’s degree program and graduating within the next year
- Excited to explore living/working in different parts of the Midwest, relocating after completion of program is possible.
- Desire to learn and grow from a diverse set of experiences and people
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- A growth mindset focused on continual learning and improvement
More about us
We look forward to receiving your application. Learn more about Mercer Zimmerman by visiting Join Our Team.